Desk Mess Mirrored 1.7

Posted by Edward Caissie on August 5, 2010 in News, WordPress |

Desk Mess Mirrored version 1.7 is now live in the WordPress Theme repository. This version saw quite a few updates mostly adding support for functions found in WordPress 3.0 and higher versions.

Here is the recent changelog:

Changelog as of July 18, 2010:
-- Version 1.7
  - released: July 20, 2010
  - add License URI to style.css title block
  - minor change to `the_content` "more" text
  - css form fine-tuning
  - code clean up to meet WP Standards
  - moved default search into `sidebar-1` (a popular requested in end-user feedback)
  - add `custom menu` support
  - add `custom background` support
  - add `post-thumbnail` support to posts and pages
  - add `editor-style` support

* Opera v10.60               *
  *                            *
  ******************************

Tags: , , ,

14 Comments

• Tonya says:

Hi! Thanks for creating this theme. I really like it. I’m having problems with the search widget. When I upgraded to 1.7 my search widget no longer worked. Whenever I type in something to look for, it tells me the page cannot be found. Do you know what could be causing this issue?

• @Tonya – Thank you for reminding me of this issue. It has been addressed and will be corrected in the next version. There is an issue with the searchform.php file and its contents. The code should read like the following:

<form method="get" id="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo( 'url' ); ?>/">
        <label class="hidden" for="s"><?php _e( 'Search for:', 'desk-mess-mirrored' ); ?></label>
        <div id="search-container">
          <input type="text" value="<?php _e( 'Enter keyword(s) and hit enter', 'desk-mess-mirrored' ); ?>" onblur="if(this.value == '') {this.value = '<?php _e( 'Enter keyword(s) and hit enter', 'desk-mess-mirrored' ); ?>';}" onfocus="if(this.value == '<?php _e( 'Enter keyword(s) and hit enter', 'desk-mess-mirrored' ); ?>') {this.value = '';}" name="s" id="s" />
          <input type="submit" class="hidden" id="search-submit" value="<?php _e( 'Search' , 'desk-mess-mirrored' ); ?>" />
        </div> <!-- #search-container -->
      </form>

You can either replace the contents of the searchform.php file in the template folder with the above code, or you can edit the file to look like the above … this solution will be best until I am able to release the next version.

• Tonya says:

Thank you! It is fixed now.

I have one more question: The title of my blog is “Reflections from a Christian Mommy Writer.” It’s a pretty long title and it doesn’t fit well in the notepad header. How can i fix it so that I can put breaks in it so it will look like this but centered:

Reflections
        from a
        Christian
        Mommy
        Writer

Also, how can I change the font? Thanks so much for your help!

• @Tonya – The title is currently being controlled via WordPress functions which do not allow for “breaks”, although there is a very samll amount of room for moving the “logo” section, perhaps try changing this parameter in the ‘#logo’ element of style.css file ‘margin-left: -80px’ around line 175. Changes to reflect what you are suggesting would require more extensive work within the theme code itself.

Changing the font is also done through the CSS as well, look in the ‘#logo h2’ element at the ‘font-family’ parameter around line 185.

• Roger says:

I really like the looks of this theme, but it acts very strange in the visual editor for posts and pages. It opens adjustable size text boxes which are hard to format and work with. I’ve never seen this with anyother theme. I am using wordress 3.0.1

• pilotHans says:

Hi.I also love the theme so do some of my visitors ^_^

and I thought im the only one having problems with the Search button. Still using v1.7. so im assuming v1.8 solves the search issue? gee, thanks…

cheers

• elle says:

Hi!

How can I change the font-size of my posts?
    I don’t know much about coding…

Thanks 🙂

• @Elle – The first thing to consider is what version of the theme you are using. Since this comment is on an older version announcement I would suggest you check to make sure you are using the most current version (1.9.1 as of this writing) first before I will make any suggestions.