BNS Early Adopter
Show off you are an early adopter of WordPress by displaying a message showing what version you are running (alpha, beta, release candidate and/or stable versions).
Latest version: Download BNS Early Adopter v0.7.1 [zip]
Read this article for further assistance: http://wpfirstaid.com/2009/12/plugin-installation/
The parameters are very similar to the widget
- ‘title’ => Can be used as a lead-in message, remember to wrap phrases in double-quotation marks
- ‘show_alpha’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_beta’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_rc’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘show_stable’ => false by default, use true to activate
- ‘only_admin’ => false by default, use true to activate
NB: Custom CSS may be required when this shortcode is used with some Themes.
Q. Q: Why would I want to use this plugin / widget?
A. To show your faith in WordPress code and the developers who write it.
- Released December 2013
- Code Reformatting and version compatibility update
- Released July 2013
- Corrected Administrator Only conditional and added admin only classes
- Added filter for “Administrator ONLY View” text
- Released April 2013
- Fixed conditional logic used to display plugin
- Refactored where $ea_display boolean value is set
- Release February 2013
- Added code block termination comments
- Added more i18n compatibility
- Change to PHP5 style class code format
- Changed constructor function name (BNS_Early_Adopter_Widget) to __construct (i.e.: PHP5 code format)
- Moved all code into class structure
- Pushed minimum required WordPress version to 3.2 to handle PHP5 requirement
- Release November 2012
- Documentation updates
- Optimized output buffer code used in the shortcode function
- Remove load_plugin_textdomain as redundant
- Documentation updates
- Programmatically add version number to enqueue calls
- Compatible with WordPress 3.4.1
- Fix issue of plugin not displaying with stable versions
margin: 0to ‘h3.bnsea-output’
- Updated screenshot
- Added conditional display widget check: if no version is checked, or no matching version is found the widget will not be displayed.
- Cleaned up grammar conditional statements
- Added only show administrators option
- Added shortcode support
- Added screenshot of default widget option panel
- Initial Release.