A simple plugin providing a link to the dashboard; and, a method to log in and out of your blog in the footer of the theme. This is ideal for those not wanting to use the meta widget/code links.
Additional WordPress (MU) Multisite compatibility added at version 1.1 – When a user logs out via the plugin they will be returned to the WordPress (MU) Multisite main domain home page.
Latest version: Download BNS Login v2.1.1 [zip]
- Extract the files from the compressed “zip” file (note the location of the extracted folder/files)
- Upload the contents of the
bns-loginfolder (from above) to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
– or -
- Go to ‘Plugins’ menu under your Dashboard
- Click on the ‘Add New’ link
- Search for bns-login
- Activate through the ‘Plugins’ menu
Read this article for further assistance: http://wpfirstaid.com/2009/12/plugin-installation/
Q. How can I get support for this plugin?
A. Please note, support may be available on the WordPress Support forums; but, it may be faster to visit http://buynowshop.com/plugins/bns-login/ and leave a comment with the issue you are experiencing.
Q. Is it really that simple?
A. Yes, it really is.
Q. Can the plugin be styled?
A. Yes, the plugin text is wrapped in its own
<div id="bns-logged-in" class="bns-login"> or
<div id="bns-logged-out" class="bns-login"> depending on the login status of the user.
Copy the contents of the included
bns-login-style.css file (which contains a framework of the CSS elements generated by the plugin); and paste them into a new stylesheet
bns-login-custom-style.css. This file should not get over-written with future updates so your specific CSS will remain.
Q. Can I use the `bns_login` shortcode in a Text widget?
A. Yes you can! Actually this plugin makes it possible to use any properly written shortcode to be used in a Text widget.
- Release May 2013
- Correct default redirect URL to point to ‘wp-admin’
- Released May 2013
- Added plugin version data dynamically to enqueue calls
- Added (enqueued) ‘BNS Login Form Style’ to style the form
wp_login_formwrapper) for use as the shortcode output
- Updated for version compatibility and minor code formatting
- Released February 2013
- Documentation updates (copyright year, compatibility version)
- Added code block termination comments
- Changed MultiSite conditional to use
- Released November 2012
- Add empty hooks before and after main output
- Add filter hooks to all of the text output
- Add Shortcode functionality to text widgets
- Add Shortcode for this plugin
- Add wrapping classes around output elements
bns_login_mainto use hooks instead of array elements
- Updated ‘readme’ with FAQ on shortcode use
- Implemented OOP style class coding
- confirmed compatible with WordPress 3.4
- inline documentation and minor code formatting
- released November 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress 3.3
- added phpDoc Style documentation
- added conditional check for custom stylesheet
- cleaned up use of
- general code tidying
- released June 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress version 3.2-RC1
- minor changes to front-facing text
- allow editable parameters for the text
- added editable separator character(s)
- separator character(s) has its own style class,
- added ‘Register’ link if the site allows for user self-registration; thanks to Andy Fragen for the idea.
- released June 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress version 3.2-beta2-18085
- enqueued the stylesheets
- added the ability to put custom CSS into
bns-login-custom-style.cssthat will not be over-written with updates.
- released December 11, 2010
- Confirm compatible with WordPress 3.1 (beta)
- added ‘clear:both;’ to ‘.bns-login’
- released: 29 Aug 2010
- compatibility check with WordPress 3.0.1
- no other modifications
- minor code corrections
- code clean up to meet WP Standards
- compatible with WordPress version 3.0
- added plugin specific style sheet
- centered the text as a default in the style sheet
- compatible with WordPress version 2.9.2
- updated license declaration
- clarified the plugin release under a GPL license
- compatibility check for 2.9.1 completed
- compatibility check for 2.9 completed
- minor code error correction
- Code clean up
- Comments and documentation added
- Version control added
- localization code init function
- Added localization code
- Added WordPressMU Compatibility – Logout returns user to main domain (home) of WPMU installation.
- Corrected deprecated parameter variable ‘siteurl’ to ‘url’
- Initial Release