A simple plugin providing a link to the dashboard; and, a method to log in and out of your blog in the footer of the theme. This is ideal for those not wanting to use the meta widget/code links.
Now with an added toggle to support a minimalist approach using Dashicons.
See the FAQ for more details …
Latest version: Download BNS Login v2.4 [zip]
- Extract the files from the compressed “zip” file (note the location of the extracted folder/files)
- Upload the contents of the
bns-loginfolder (from above) to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
— or –
- Go to ‘Plugins’ menu under your Dashboard
- Click on the ‘Add New’ link
- Search for bns-login
- Activate through the ‘Plugins’ menu
Read this article for further assistance: http://wpfirstaid.com/2009/12/plugin-installation/
Q. How can I get support for this plugin?
A. Please note, support may be available on the WordPress Support forums; but, it may be faster to visit http://buynowshop.com/plugins/bns-login/ and leave a comment with the issue you are experiencing.
Q. Is it really that simple?
A. Yes, it really is.
Q. Can the plugin be styled?
A. Yes, the plugin text is wrapped in its own
<div id="bns-logged-in" class="bns-login"> or
<div id="bns-logged-out" class="bns-login"> depending on the login status of the user.
Copy the contents of the included
bns-login-style.css file (which contains a sampling of the CSS elements generated by the plugin) and paste them into a new stylesheet
../wp-content/bns-customs/ (you may need to create this folder).
This file should not get over-written with future updates so your specific CSS will remain.
Q. Can I use the `bns_login` shortcode in a Text widget?
A. Yes you can! Actually this plugin makes it possible to use any properly written shortcode to be used in a Text widget.
Q. How do I change to the Dashicons display?
A. All you need to do is add the following
add_filter( 'bns_login_dashed_set', '__return_true' ); to your theme’s
functions.php file; or, if you use a “site plugin” add it to that file.
Q. Why is the key icon missing when I am logged out?
A. The key icon will only appear if you have set Membership to allow “Anyone can register” under Settings > General in your dashboard.
Otherwise, only the lock icon will be displayed when visiting the site and you are not logged in.
Q. Do any themes support the Dashicons display by default?
A. Yes, currently Opus Primus (v1.3+ – https://github.com/Cais/opus-primus) does support this display.
Please contact your theme’s author if you need help with modifying your current theme to also have it support this option by default.
- Released October 2014
- Added filter
dashiconsdependency to the main stylesheet
- Added toggle to use
dashiconsinstead of text
- Added some basic sanitization to URL components and structures
is_ssl()to detect correct protocol for logout return URL
- Update copyright year references to include 2014 in all files
- Minor whitespace, documentation, and code formatting changes
- Implement the use of
- Added screenshots to show
readme.txtwith additional FAQ items about using the
- Released March 2014
- Inline documentation, version compatibility, and copyright years updated
- Release December 2013
- Add the option to put custom stylesheet in
- Release August 2013
- Added documentation for Jetpack Infinite Scroll Compatibility (JISC) function
- Added specific id wrappers for the credit details in JISC function
- Added link to Theme reference pointing to Theme URI in JISC function
- Release August 2013
- Added Jetpack Infinite Scroll compatibility
- Release July 2013
- Added dynamic filter parameter
- Release May 2013
- Correct default redirect URL to point to ‘wp-admin’
- Released May 2013
- Added plugin version data dynamically to enqueue calls
- Added (enqueued) ‘BNS Login Form Style’ to style the form
wp_login_formwrapper) for use as the shortcode output
- Updated for version compatibility and minor code formatting
- Released February 2013
- Documentation updates (copyright year, compatibility version)
- Added code block termination comments
- Changed MultiSite conditional to use
- Released November 2012
- Add empty hooks before and after main output
- Add filter hooks to all of the text output
- Add Shortcode functionality to text widgets
- Add Shortcode for this plugin
- Add wrapping classes around output elements
bns_login_mainto use hooks instead of array elements
- Updated ‘readme’ with FAQ on shortcode use
- Implemented OOP style class coding
- confirmed compatible with WordPress 3.4
- inline documentation and minor code formatting
- released November 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress 3.3
- added phpDoc Style documentation
- added conditional check for custom stylesheet
- cleaned up use of
- general code tidying
- released June 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress version 3.2-RC1
- minor changes to front-facing text
- allow editable parameters for the text
- added editable separator character(s)
- separator character(s) has its own style class,
- added ‘Register’ link if the site allows for user self-registration; thanks to Andy Fragen for the idea.
- released June 2011
- confirmed compatible with WordPress version 3.2-beta2-18085
- enqueued the stylesheets
- added the ability to put custom CSS into
bns-login-custom-style.cssthat will not be over-written with updates.
- released December 11, 2010
- Confirm compatible with WordPress 3.1 (beta)
- added ‘clear:both;’ to ‘.bns-login’
- released: 29 Aug 2010
- compatibility check with WordPress 3.0.1
- no other modifications
- minor code corrections
- code clean up to meet WP Standards
- compatible with WordPress version 3.0
- added plugin specific style sheet
- centered the text as a default in the style sheet
- compatible with WordPress version 2.9.2
- updated license declaration
- clarified the plugin release under a GPL license
- compatibility check for 2.9.1 completed
- compatibility check for 2.9 completed
- minor code error correction
- Code clean up
- Comments and documentation added
- Version control added
- localization code init function
- Added localization code
- Added WordPressMU Compatibility – Logout returns user to main domain (home) of WPMU installation.
- Corrected deprecated parameter variable ‘siteurl’ to ‘url’
- Initial Release