Our WordPress Services
All of our administration services can be contracted as a one-time event; quarterly, or short-term; or, under a year long maintenance contract. Services, such as, minor modifications and installations, may also be contracted under this service. We are also happy to discuss a review cycle and time-line that will best suit your needs.
- Updates: Keeping WordPress up-to-date is one of the best ways to maintain a secure, bug-free installation and prevent unwanted, frustrating downtime.
- We will insure your core WordPress installation files are kept up-to-date in relation to the most current stable released version of WordPress.
- We will insure your active installed plugins are maintained at the most current stable version that meets the needs of your installation.
- We will review your active theme to insure it is using current functions and code.
- We will review your active plugins to insure they are using current functions and code.
- Back-Ups: In those worse case scenarios when everything goes bad, a back-up can be a web site’s saving grace.
- WordPress installation (only) core files, including all installed themes and plugins.
- WordPress database(s)
- Full Server backup, including all WordPress related items
- WordPress Support: The comfort of knowing you can e-mail, or IM, or simply pick up the telephone and call is something that cannot be overlooked when considering the management of your weblog.
- e-mail – available with all retained services
- Instant Messenger (IM) – a BNS Premium Service
- Voice – a BNS Premium Prepaid Service
Installing WordPress itself is relatively easy and generally quickly done providing you are familiar with the overalll process. Knowledge to create a MySQL database and the appropriate user as well as the proper file and folder structures are key to a smooth installation. If you are not sure of all of these items it would be best to make use of one of our installation services. The installation of a new theme or new plugins can also be very similar to installing WordPress and the same care should be given. All installations are based on servers using the cPanel interface; servers using other interfaces will be at a premium on a case-by-case basis.
We also offer WordPress hosting services. These hosting services open up discounts on all our other services.
- Self-Hosted WordPress Installations
- Theme Installations
- Plugin Installations
- Theme Modifications – changes directly related to a theme and its functionality. Most changes would be provided as a child theme of the existing active theme and would include its installation. Implementing the changes as a child theme would prevent future parent theme updates from removing the modification(s).
- Minor Changes: These changes would generally be one-time isolated modifications with minimal impact on the overall theme. They may include, for example, such things as: minor color changes; image replacement; or, text specifically displayed by the theme. Each “minor change” would be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Major Changes: These changes generally would require more time and a deeper review of the existing theme. They may include such things as additional template pages, wholesale changes to the theme design, or the update of several out-dated functions. Although these changes would also be addressed on a case-by-case scenario, they would also include a limited time follow-up period as part of the contract.
- Plugin Modifications – changes directly related to a plugin and its functionality are reviewed under similar criteria as theme modifications.
- Minor Changes
- Major Changes
The list above is only a small sampling, please feel free to contact us with any inquiries for additional WordPress Services we provide. We can help.